Grabbing something to eat at Illinois State is almost as easy as heading to the kitchen at home. Our dining centers offer many choices ranging from fresh salads and stir fry to pizza and sandwiches. Grab breakfast before class; stop in for a late-night snack or anything in between. Carry out meals are available from the dining centers.
Our dining centers are conveniently located across campus. Click on the dining centers below to learn more:
- Watterson Dining Commons adjacent to Watterson Towers
- Marketplace at Linkins Center adjoins Wright, Wilkins and Haynie halls
- Southside in Feeney adjoins Atkin-Colby and Hamilton-Whitten halls
Campus Dining Services has a registered dietitian on staff to assist students with special dietary needs such as food allergies, vegetarian or vegan diets, or religious restrictions.
Students living in the residence halls are required to purchase a meal plan. The plan gives you access to dining centers on campus using your student ID card. There are several options to suit your needs from unlimited dining to a certain number of meals per week or semester. Dining centers are generally open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., with more limited hours on weekends.
Learn more about meal plan options and costs at Campus Dining Services.
Each meal plan includes a certain amount of "flex dollars" that can be spent at a variety of on-campus eateries including:
- Bone Student Center
- McAlister’s Deli - sandwiches, soups, salads
- Pizza Hut Express - pizza and pasta
- Burger King - fast food hamburgers and sandwiches
- Einstein Bros. Bagels - bagels, coffee, espresso drinks, sandwiches
- Subway sandwich shops - deli sandwiches
- Wilkins Hall
- Watterson Towers
- Hamilton-Whitten Halls
- Manchester Hall
- Drinks and quick bites
- Centennial Hall (Airport Lounge)
- State Farm Hall of Business (Business Bistro)
- Student Fitness Center (Jamba Juice featuring smoothies and fresh-squeezed juice)
- Vending machines in the residence halls - snacks, juice, soda
Unused flex dollars from fall semester will be rolled into your account for the spring semester as long as you purchase a meal plan for spring. All flex dollars expire at the end of the spring semester.