A person who has completed work for a bachelor's degree or its equivalent, or who will do so within one year at an accredited institution, may apply for graduate school admission. Also, an international student holding the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree from a recognized international post-secondary college or university, as determined by the Graduate School, may apply for admission.
Academic departments/schools determine the minimum requirements for admission consideration for their graduate programs.
- For specific information about admission, application to a program, graduate course descriptions, or graduate regulations and procedures, please refer to detailed information regarding our graduate programs.
- To view an average admitted student profile for all of our graduate programs, visit the Graduate School DataBook.
- If you have further questions, please contact the graduate coordinator or advisor for your program of interest.
All students who wish to take work for graduate credit must submit a completed Graduate Admission Application through Welcome2ISU. In addition to the application for admission, the following items are required:
- Applicants are required to submit a non-refundable $40 application processing fee or apply for an economic hardship fee waiver and provide necessary verification.
- Your application will not be processed until the $40 application fee or fee waiver verification is received.
- An applicant denied admission or one who fails to submit all necessary information for an admission decision will not receive a refund of the fee.
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college or university other than Illinois State University at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- Former enrolled students are not required to resubmit transcripts if additional coursework has not been taken since leaving Illinois State.
- Applications will be considered incomplete until all official transcripts are received.
GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- The official GRE score report is required for many master's and all doctoral programs.
- Use code R1319 for transmission of scores to Illinois State.
- Learn more about the GRE online or by calling 1-800-GRE-CALL.
GMAT (General Management Admission Test)
- The official GMAT score report is required for admission to any College of Business graduate program.
- Learn more about the GMAT online or by calling 1-800-GMAT-NOW.
- Some departments/schools may require information and documents in addition to transcripts. Please contact the department/school for more information.