Director of Special Education - Post-Master's Graduate Certificate
Students must have a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 79 iBT, 213 computer-based, or 550 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5 band.
Applicants must have two or more years of successful teaching experience or related service provision. In addition, applicants must also have a master's degree and current certification in one of the following: Special Education, Educational Administration and Foundations, School Psychology, School Social Work, Speech Language Pathology, School Guidance and Counseling. Finally, applicants must have passed the Illinois Basic Skills test (BST) or the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) to be admitted to the program.
Applying to the Program
- Complete your application for admission, including uploading:
- Current resume
- Cover letter outlining professional goals
- Letter documenting a minimum of two year of successful teaching experience
- Provide the following to the Office of Admissions
- Official transcript from each higher education institution attended
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applying as an international student)
- Additionally, please provide three letters of recommendation (by downloading our Letter of Recommendation form) and photocopy of current teaching certificates.
Deadlines and Review Dates
Please note decisions are made on a rolling basis as applications are complete.
|Fall (August)||July 1;
May 1 for International students
|Spring (January)||December 1;
October 1 for International students
|Summer (May/June)||April 1 for International students|