Master's Program in Applied Economics - Applied Community & Economic Development
You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a Master's program.
For admission without deficiencies, the student must have successfully completed basic college courses in calculus and statistics, and intermediate courses in microeconomic and macroeconomic theory. Students who do not meet these requirements may still be admitted into the program, but they will be expected to take additional coursework to remedy designated deficiencies.
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 79 iBT, 213 computer-based, or 550 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5 band.
Applying to the Program
- You will be required to upload:
- Current resume
- Two-page statement of purpose describing why you would like to be in your chosen department and your chosen program (Applied Community & Economic Development Fellows, Peace Corps Fellows, or Peace Corps Master's International) at Illinois State University
- Sample of your academic writing (at least five pages)
- Provide the following to the Office of Admissions
- Official transcript from each higher education institution attended
- Official GRE Scores
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applying as an international student)
- Please download the Recommendation Form. Three recommendations are required. AT LEAST one of these letters should be from a person familiar with your academic work, if possible. Reference letters may supplement the standard form provided, but they should not substitute for the form except in special circumstances. Send recommendations to:
Beverly Beyer, Associate Director
Stevenson Center for Community and Economic Development
Illinois State University
Campus Box 4200
Normal, IL 61790-4200
Applicants may send Letters of Recommendation to the Stevenson Center as a packet or as separate items. Letters will be copied to your academic department when received.
- Before your application for admission to the ACED Sequence can be considered, you must also complete the Applied Economics, ACED Sequence Graduate Assistantship Application, available through Stevenson Center Admissions. Only applicants who are selected for both admission and the Applied Economics, ACED Sequence Graduate Assistantship are admitted to the ACED Sequence. Check the job title carefully before applying, since application for any assistantship other than Applied Economics, ACED Sequence will not fulfill the requirement for admission consideration to the program.
Deadlines and Review Dates
Apply by these deadlines for fullest consideration. Later applications may be considered ona case-by-case basis. If you are interested in applying for a Graduate Assistantship, visit www.jobs.ilstu.edu.
|Fall (August)||March 1|