Master's Program in Family & Consumer Sciences
You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a Master's program.
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 79 iBT, 213 computer-based, or 550 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5 band.
Applying to the Program
- Provide the following to the Office of Admissions
- Official transcript from each higher education institution attended
- Official GRE Scores
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applying as an international student)
- Complete your application for admission, including uploading a statement of goals for seeking the degree
- Additionally, please provide three professional or academic letters of recommendation to the Family and Consumer Sciences Department.
Deadlines and Review Dates
Please note decisions are made on a rolling basis as applications are complete. If you are interested in applying for a Graduate Assistantship, your application must be completed by March 1. To apply for a GA, visit www.jobs.ilstu.edu.
|Fall (August)||July 1;
May 1 for International students
|Spring (January)||December 1;
October 1 for International students
|Summer (May/June)||April 1|