Master's Program in Music Therapy
You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.80 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a Master's program.
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 79 iBT, 213 computer-based, or 550 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5 band.
Applying to the Program
- Complete your application for admission, including selecting an audition date and indicating your performance medium and uploading;
- List of secondary skills or work experience (i.e., private instructor, computer skills, house manager, etc.)
- List of awards or musical distinctions you have received
- List of performing organizations you were in
- Comprehensive biographical statement of approximately 250 words.
- Provide the following to the Office of Admissions
- Official transcript from each higher education institution attended
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applying as an international student)
- Additionally, please provide a credential file or three letters of recommendation to:
Dr. Angelo L. Favis, Graduate Coordinator
Campus Box 5660, Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-5660.
Deadlines and Review Dates
Please note decisions are made on a rolling basis as applications are complete. If you are interested in applying for a Graduate Assistantship, your application and audition must be completed by February 1. To apply for a GA, visit www.jobs.ilstu.edu.
|Fall (August)||February 1|