Specialist Program in School Psychology
You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a Master's program.
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 79 iBT, 213 computer-based, or 550 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5 band.
Applying to the Program
- Provide the following to the Office of Admissions
- Official transcript from each higher education institution attended
- Official GRE General Scores
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applying as an international student)
- Three Applicant Recommendation Forms are required. At least one recommendation form should be from an individual who is familiar with your research activities. Each Applicant Recommendation Form must be completed by the applicant and the individual writing the recommendation. The individual writing the recommendation may also submit a separate letter of recommendation along with the completed form. The Applicant Recommendation Form (and letter, if applicable) must be given to the applicant in a sealed envelope with the signature of the individual providing the recommendation across the sealed envelope flap. The applicant is responsible for submitting the sealed envelope to the department. The letter writer's signature must be across the sealed backflap and submitted to:
Graduate Psychology Programs Office
Department of Psychology
Campus Box 4620
Normal, IL 61790-4620
- Please provide a writing sample (scholarly work, not a personal statement, approximately 5-15 pages in length) to the address provided above.
- Please list any academic honors and awards you have received, including the year received.
Deadlines and Review Dates
|Fall (August)||December 1|
|Spring (January)||No spring admission|
|Summer (May/June)||No summer admission|