At Illinois State, we recognize that traveling around the world to attend a university can be overwhelming. We encourage international students to take advantage of the services available to help during the transition period and throughout their studies at Illinois State.
The friendly, helpful staff at the Office of International Studies and Programs is the main resource on campus for international students. The staff will assist you with immigration, help coordinate your arrival to campus, and ensure a successful transition to the University. This office provides an informative orientation program for international students. You will arrive on campus a week before classes start to participate. This program gives you a chance to make new friends, register for classes, and receive important information about housing, food, bills, banking, health care, health insurance, and immigration.
If you need to improve your English skills before beginning a degree program, our English Language Institute may be right for you. The classes integrate training in reading, writing, speaking, and listening with academic development in a variety of subject areas.
If you get sick or need an examination while you are here, you can see a doctor or nurse on campus through Student Health Services. You must report your health history and provide proof of certain vaccinations when you arrive.
As a full-time student, you will receive the University student health insurance program. Insurance will help pay for health care not received through Student Health Services, including but not limited to: hospital services, emergency care, lab and x-ray charges.
- Test taking and study skills workshops
- Writing and math assistance
- Exploring major options and career opportunities
- Career fairs
- Job search workshops
- Resume writing
- Provides child care for children of Illinois State students
- Accepts children ages 3-10
- ULID services
- Technology questions
- Exam accommodations
- Sign language interpreters
- Note takers
- Personal and career counseling
- Group counseling
- Crisis intervention
All services provided to students are on a voluntary basis, confidential, and no-fee basis.
- Student Recreation building, cardio equipment, weights, and aerobic classes
- Intramural and recreation sports
- Outdoor trips and equipment rentals
- Newly renovated 18-hole golf course
- Tennis courts
- Bowling and Billiards Center
- Computer repair and maintenance
- New computer and equipment sales
- Discounts on software and Apple, Dell, and Lenovo/IBM hardware