Whether one is working side by side with a professor in the lab, interning with a Fortune 500 company, or studying abroad, a student can create the academic experience wanted at Illinois State.
At Illinois State, your student can choose from 165 bachelor's degree options. As you browse our majors, you will discover unique and challenging opportunities that will turn your student's undergraduate experience into a competitive advantage.
If your student is still deciding, don’t worry—we can help. Nearly 20 percent of this year’s freshman class started out undecided. Check out FirstView to start matching your student's interests to a college major.
- The School of Kinesiology and Recreation offers nationally recognized programs such as Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Recreation and Park Administration.
- The actuarial science program in the Department of Mathematics is recognized by the Society of Actuaries as a Center for the Actuarial excellence. One of only 13 such programs in North America.
- The Katie School of Insurance and Financial Services is one of the top undergraduate Insurance and Risk Management programs in the nation.
- Business Week magazine ranks Illinois State as one of its top 100 undergraduate business schools in the country.
- With nearly one in eight Illinois teachers holding a degree from Illinois State, the University is one of the top ten largest producers of teachers among schools in the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education.
- Home to the nationally acclaimed Illinois Shakespeare Festival, the School of Theatre and Dance has provided early training for many prominent stage, television, and movie professionals.
Mennonite College of Nursing graduates consistently pass the national nursing licensure exam on the first try at rates much higher than state and national averages.
- Led by the Department of Physics, our own Team Mercury raced a solar car built and engineered by students and professors against universities from around the world in the American Solar Challenge and the Formula Sun Grand Prix.
- Illinois State’s oldest student organization, the Forensics Union, sponsored by the School of Communication, has won four national championship team titles.
Searching for a specific program? Browse our A-Z lists for undergraduate majors or graduate programs.
General education provides students with a broad, common foundation of study upon which to build an undergraduate education. Beginning freshmen are required to complete our General Education Program. The program was created with your student's needs in mind as he or she begins a college career and was created for the flexibility needed in the marketplace of the future. What makes Illinois State's General Education Program unique? Take a look.
Transfer students may complete our General Education Program, transfer in with a completed baccalaureate-oriented associate's degree (A.A. or A.S.) from any regionally accredited post secondary institution, or complete the Illinois Transferable General Education Core Curriculum (commonly referred to as the Illinois Articulation Initiative- IAI).