Parents and Families
Parents and families play a key role in the college selection and admission process. When your student is considering colleges, your opinions will likely be a major factor. We want to make sure you have the information you need to help your student decide if Illinois State University is the right fit.
What's happening at Illinois State
You can easily keep up with what's going on at Illinois State online with these resources:
- Use the official academic calendar to keep track of important dates and deadlines. Check out the University events calendar to find fun and interesting events to attend with your student when you plan a visit.
- Our student newspaper, the Daily Vidette, shares many of their stories online, including campus news, opinion pieces, videos, and classifieds ads such as help wanted and apartments for rent.
- TV-10, the student television news station, covers the latest campus news as well as the Bloomington-Normal community.
- Listen to WZND, our student-run radio station that features music, news, and sports coverage.
Application and admission information
- Information for students who will apply as new, beginning freshmen:
- Information for students who will transfer from community college:
- Total students: 20,856
- Undergraduates: 18,344
- Graduates: 2,512
- More than 200 majors and minors
- 70 percent of classes have less than 30 students
- At least 75 percent of students receive some form of financial aid
- 300+ registered student organizations
- Centrally located in Illinois, less than three hours by car from Chicago, St. Louis, Rockford, Quad Cities, and Indianapolis
For more facts and statistics about Illinois State, check out our Fact Book.