Jump over the College navigation bar.
Fell Hall

Once You're Admitted

Registration and Advisement

Once your re-admission has been approved, you will need to meet with an academic advisor and register for courses.  As a former Illinois State student, the registration process may have changed since your last enrollment. Review the Advisement and Course Registration section of this web site for instructions.

Financial Aid

  • Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or FAFSA renewal form for financial aid consideration at Illinois State. In addition, you should contact the Financial Aid Office for more information about how and when to apply for financial aid. Remember to list Illinois State (school code 001692) as a recipient of the data on your FAFSA.
  • If you have attended other college(s) or university(s) since last enrolling at Illinois State, you will need to submit a financial aid transcript from that school.

Housing & Dining

A housing application-contract will be mailed in February.  We encourage you to complete this housing application-contract and submit the deposit promptly in order to have the best availability of residence hall options.  If you cancel your contract by May 1, you will receive a partial refund.  Please note admission to the University is not an automatic guarantee of residence hall space.

Detailed room selection information will be sent to you by June 1, provided you have completed the following steps:

  • Submitted your enrollment deposit by the postmark deadline of May 1.
  • Submitted your housing application-contract and initial payment.

The online room selection program will be available in June and July. Visit University Housing for more information.

All students living in the residence halls are required to purchase a meal plan each semester.  The meal plan options will be mailed in mid-February. Visit Campus Dining for more information.

ID Card (Redbird Card)

As soon as you register for classes, you may obtain your Illinois State ID card from the Redbird Card Office. You must present another form of identification with your photo on it—such as a driver’s license—in order to obtain your University ID. The Redbird Card Office is located in the Bone Student Center.

2017-09-25T13:53:24.665-05:00 2017