Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Minimum GPA Requirement
Average Admitted Student Profile
2.84 - 3.52
Completion with grades of C or better in each of the following: (for students with 30 or more earned hours)
- General Psychology—such as fundamentals of psychology (PSY 110) or introduction to psychology (PSY 111)
- A mathematics courses approved for the psychology major— finite math (MAT 120), applied calculus (MAT 121), pre-calculus (MAT 144) or calculus I (MAT 145)
- One transferable laboratory science course
- A foreign language equivalent to Illinois State’s 112 level or higher
- Intermediate-level composition (ENG 145)
- Philosophy—such as basic issues in philosophy (PHI 101), the ideal of democracy (PHI 104), or language, logic, and mathematics (PHI 112)
- Two laboratory sciences
- Strongly encouraged (for students with less than 30 hours earned): a mathematics courses approved for the psychology major— finite math (MAT 120), applied calculus (MAT 121), pre-calculus (MAT 144) or calculus I (MAT 145)
Students with 75 earned hours or more are admitted on a limited, case-by-case basis.
Sample Plan of StudyTwo Year Transfer Sample Plan of Study