Statement of Transfer Credit
Each transfer student admitted to Illinois State will receive a Statement of Ttransfer Credit and a letter of explanation. All transfer credit is evaluated on a course-by-course basis and included within the transfer statement. If you do not receive your statement within four weeks of your acceptance to the University, please call the Office of Admissions at (800) 366-2478.
To make sure you get credit for your courses in a timely manner, send transcripts each semester as work is completed.
Your Statement of Transfer Credit will show:
- Your UID (nine-digit university identification number)
- The assigned year for your Illinois State catalog that lists your graduation requirements
- Illinois State University will determine placement into the most appropriate general education program
- Course transfers as a general education course for the Illinois Articulation Initiative
- An elective course transfers, but does not serve as a direct equivalent to an
Illinois State course
- Course title as listed from the transfer institution
- Illinois State University equivalent course
For questions regarding your Statement of Transfer Credit, please contact the Student Service and Referral Center at (309) 438-2188.