Students and scholars from around the world study at Illinois State University, sharing diverse viewpoints and enriching our campus community. Illinois State is a public university offering outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs in more than 200 fields of study.
Take our virtual tour in English, Spanish, Portugese, or Arabic to see our campus for yourself.
Hear what our international students say about their American educational experience.
Download our brochure for prospective international students.
Learn more about Illinois State in your native language by clicking the button below.
Strong academic and career preparation
- At Illinois State, students receive individualized attention from professors, 96 percent of whom hold the highest degrees in their field. Find out more about the American education experience.
- Our Career Center assists students in finding internship opportunities to further prepare them for a career in their chosen field.
- Many international students live on-campus in our International House, a dynamic, multicultural living experience, located in a newly renovated residence hall. Learn more about living at Illinois State.
- Illinois State international students build friendships and share experiences through international and cultural events and organizations.
- Our students appreciate the friendly atmosphere at Illinois State. Find out what our students say about the campus community.
Support for students
- Our friendly and helpful admissions staff answers questions you may have about getting accepted to Illinois State as an international student and reviews student applications.
- The Office of International Studies and Programs guides students as they travel to the U.S., assists with immigration, places new students with temporary host families, and helps students get familiar with Illinois State.
English Language Institute
Strong spoken and written English skills are important for academic success in the United States. If you need to improve your English as a Second Language skills before beginning a degree program, our English Language Institute (ELI) may be right for you. Courses in the Intensive English Program (IEP) integrate training in reading, writing, speaking, and listening with academic development in a variety of subject areas. Visit ELI for more information.