Redbird Promise offers Illinois community college students guaranteed admission to Illinois State University to complete their bachelor’s degree. Students must meet all of the requirements outlined to guarantee their admission to Illinois State University.
- Peace of mind knowing you will be guaranteed admission and have a seamless transfer to Illinois State to complete your bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work closely with Illinois State admissions counselors and academic advisors to help navigate the transfer process.
Illinois State University agrees to admit qualified transfer students. With Redbird Promise, students must meet all current admissions standards, policies, and procedures of Illinois State at the time of admission. Specific requirements are as follows:
- Complete the Redbird Promise participation form. This form will allow Illinois State and your community college to share information and allow you to take advantage of Redbird Promise.
- Complete Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree prior to Illinois State enrollment.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.4/4.0 in all transferable academic coursework (at all colleges/universities attended) and be in good academic standing at your community college.
- This agreement does not guarantee admission for students seeking readmission or reinstatement to Illinois State.
- This agreement does not guarantee admission for transfer students to a specific Illinois State degree program or academic college within the University. There may be additional admission requirements to enroll in and complete certain Illinois State bachelor’s degree programs. Due to space limitations and the competitiveness of the applicant pool, admission to a specific major is not guaranteed. Students may be admitted to the University with an undeclared major if the program prerequisites are not met or if the preferred major has filled to capacity.
- Students with 75 or more earned credit hours cannot be admitted to the University as undeclared.
- International students will have their English proficiency requirement satisfied for admission so long as they complete their Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree at an Illinois community college.
- Illinois State University agrees to accept all course credit completed at your Illinois community college in accordance with the current transfer and articulation policies and processes.