About Illinois State University
- Total students: 21,039
- Undergraduates: 18,643
- Graduates: 2,396
- 55.4 percent of undergraduate students are female
- 23.7 percent of Illinois State students are from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in higher education. Many students from this diverse and growing population actively participate in campus organizations, including the Black Student Union and the Association of Latin American Students.
Find out more facts and statistics about Illinois State University.
Quality and Value
We are committed to making a great education at Illinois State accessible. At Illinois State, around 75 percent of students receive some type of financial aid. You don't have to take our word for it though. We're ranked the No. 22 Best College for the Money out of more than 1,200 schools across the country, according to USA Today-College Factual.
Illinois State Legacy
Once they become an alumni of Illinois State University, your student is automatically a member of the Illinois State University Alumni Association. Members of the association strengthen the University's traditions, future growth, and networks of influence. Learn more about the Redbird Legacy.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. Read more about students' rights under FERPA.
You can easily keep up with what's going on at Illinois State online with these resources:
- Use the official Academic Calendar to keep track of important dates and deadlines. Check out the University events calendar to find fun and interesting events to attend with your student when you plan a visit.
- Our student newspaper, the
Vidette, shares many of their stories online, including campus news, opinion pieces, videos, and classifieds ads such as help wanted and apartments for rent.
TV-10, the student television news station, covers the latest campus news as well as the Bloomington-Normal community.
- Listen to WZND, our student-run radio station that features music, news, and sports coverage.