To discuss your eligibility to return via the New Start Program, contact University College at (309) 438-3217.
In order to be considered for admission through the New Start Program, follow these steps:
- Apply for admission online.
- Submit official academic transcript(s) from all schools attended since leaving Illinois State. Transcripts should be mailed to the Office of Admissions, Illinois State University, Campus Box 2200, Normal, IL 61790-2200.
- As part of the application process you will be asked to write a statement describing your potential to do well academically. Your statement will be reviewed along with all other documentation submitted.
- Your statement should indicate your strategy for achieving academic success if readmitted to the University.
- Your statement should include the steps you have taken to ensure that you can successfully pursue and complete your intended major. In addition, you should provide a summary of the requirements to be admitted into your intended major.
- Your statement should be no more than 500 words.