Jump over the College navigation bar.
Dining Center

Housing Contract & Meal Plan

Besides academics, living on or near campus is the biggest change for many students who transfer to Illinois State. You certainly didn't miss the traditional college living experience.

Living arrangements

On campus

Many transfer students choose to live in the residence halls because of location, convenience, and social opportunities. If you are transferring to the University within two years of high school graduation you must live on campus. You should complete your housing contract as early as possible for the best room selection. They fill up fast, so admission to the University does not guarantee you a space. Look for information in the mail from University Housing Services about the application process. Learn more about living on campus.

Off campus

Our Off-Campus Student Services website is a good place to start if you’re interested in living off campus. You’ll find rental listings, roommates, rights and responsibilities of off-campus students, and more. They’ll even review your lease for you if you’re unsure about the terms.

Meal Plan 

Students living on-campus must purchase a meal plan. The plan gives you access to dining centers on campus using your student ID card. There are several options to suit your needs from unlimited dining to a certain number of meals per week or semester. Dining centers are generally open from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m., with more limited hours on weekends. Learn more about meal plan options and costs for on-campus students at Campus Dining Services.

Parking Permit

If you choose to live in the residence halls you will receive information about buying your parking permit in the mail. Off-campus students should visit the Office of Parking and Transportation to purchase a commuter parking permit. Find out about costs and parking locations.

2017-09-25T13:53:40.962-05:00 2017